Halloween is T-minus 4 days away! Last night was the end of the House of Lashes mystical creatures HOLoween2015 contest on Instagram. I won't know until tomorrow if either one of my looks qualify me as a finalist. Crossing my fingers! I have such a hard time with contests because I have such a hard time with failure. I can do contests. That's not a problem. The problem is when I actually try and win. I used to make a funny face when someone wanted to take my picture because that way when the picture came out ugly it was obvious I meant for it to be. If I actually tried to look nice and then the picture came out crazy looking I wouldn't have any excuse to fall back on for why I look like a crazy person. I act the same way with competition. I tend to act very "whatever" about them in order to not get my hopes up. Funny thing is the fact that I take on an "I don't care" attitude shows in my work and it becomes very "whatever" work. The few times I actually decided that I was going to work hard on something competitive I actually placed. Usually second place but I was just happy to place.
Lately I have been trying to take on a new attitude about competition. Ive been trying to be okay with not being the best and just focusing on being my best. I do eventually want to be THE BEST though. Haha...
Until then I will leave you with me doing my best first attempt at a Phoenix. There are things that I would do differently if I did this look again but I still like the way it came out. So enough rambling on...here is the look and product details:
- Skin (face and neck): Ulta skin primer and Trader Joe's oil free face moisturizer
- All the colors from the Sugarpill Burning Heart palette
- Red, yellow, and orange from a Halloween cream facepaint palette that has no name on it
- Turquoise liquid Shimmer Eyeliner from Nicka K
- Brushes: Mostly Sephora, E.L.F., and Morphe Brushes.
- Eyebrows: Sugarpill Bulletproof
- Eyeballs: E.L.F. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
- Eyeshadow: Chocolate Cookie from the Too Faced Natural Matte palette, Nutmeg from the Smashbox On The Rocks palette, and Sugarpill's Bulletproof
- Eyeliner: Tattoo Liner in Trooper by Kat Von D, and a random black pencil with the name rubbed off....
- Eyelashes: Some random no name lashes with CoverGirl LashBlash Volume Mascara in Blackest Black! (MY ALL TIME FAVORITE)
- The red from the cream facepaint palette
- Topped with Amor from Glitter Injections
Hope you liked this look. It isn't as dark and mysterious as I would have liked it to be but maybe that's okay. Maybe it's okay to have a slightly more innocent looking Phoenix. Maybe this is a young Phoenix and I do another older more mysterious looking one later...?
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back often to www.samofantha.com/beautystuff for more makeup detail posts!
*If you do not see a comment section below simply click on the title of the post then scroll to the bottom